Nothing quite piques our interest more than campaigns that promote self-love AND inclusivity. As children of the 90s, the “beauty standards” we grew up with are, thankfully, going out of style. Bye-bye, unrealistic Victoria’s Secret standards… Hello, REAL self!
This plays a huge part in why Rimmel London’s recent TikTok campaign #KindandFree was and is successful. Here are some ways you can replicate their success:
- Create a relatable, fun hashtag challenge
- Leverage User Generated Content (UGC)
- Be inclusive in every way
- Encourage authenticity and individuality
- Trust your content creator’s video creation prowess – they know how to best speak to their audience
- Align your brand with values of self-love and self-acceptance
- Celebrate differences, imperfections and unique qualities
Why does it matter?
There is a very strong cultural shift with what the definition of beauty is. With TikTok, “manufactured” beauty performs poorly in comparison to their no-filter, unique and effortless counterparts. Innovative brands understand this, and now so do you!
Watch these videos to understand their strategy further:
@ling.kt #ad Kind & Free Skin Tint from @rimmellondon is my holy grail drugstore product 😍 #ad #skintint #RimmelLondon #BeKindAndFree #RimmelCleanBeauty ♬ Go Head (Instrumental) – Rocstrong
@nikkililly #ad spending time giving myself some luv and tlc makes me kind, embracing who i am makes me free. what makes u feel #KindAndFree? join the challenge and share yours!! #RimmelLondon @rimmellondon ♬ Kind and Free – Lhotse feat. Charlotte Devaney
@makeupbytammi ad| @rimmellondon Kind & Free Skin Tint is perfect for the everyday natural glowy skin look💙 #BeKindAndFree #RimmelCleanBeauty #RimmelLondon ♬ Go Head (Instrumental) – Rocstrong